45 Elmont Estates Manor SW
Stunning custom built home...
ELEGANT CUSTOM BUILT 1+3 BEDROOM BUNGALOW BY OAK MANOR HOMES OFFERS STUCCO AND STONE EXTERIOR WITH COVERED FRONT VERANDA.LEADED GLASS FRONT DOOR OPENS TO VAULTED CEILINGS ,SKYLIGHT,FORMAL DIN.RM.INCLUDES BRIGHT WINDOW.MAIN FLOOR DEN IS ENHANCED BY A BEVELLED GLASS DOOR. GREAT ROOM WITH BUILT-IN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER ACCENTED BY A STONE SURROUND GAS FIREPLACE.UPGRADED ANTIQUE CARAMEL FLOORS BY LEGACY. TILED KITCHEN FLOORS WITH MATCHING BACK SPLASH,EXPANSIVE GRANITE TOPPED ISLAND AND GRANITE COUNTERS.UNDERMOUNT SINK.ALDER CABINETS PROVIDE LOADS OF STORAGE,A WALK THROUGH PANTRY,GARBURATOR,POT LIGHTS AND A SKYLIGHT COMPLETE THE KITCHEN.DOUBLE PATIO DOORS WITH B/I BLINDS OPEN TO A NEW DURADECK DECK WITH GAS BBQ HOOKUP.WEST FACING REAR YARD AND SECURITY ROLL SHUTTERS ACROSS BACK OF HOME.MASTER BDRM WITH 5 PCE ENSUITE.LOWER LEVEL HAS A STONE FACED GAS FIREPLACE
Five Things to Consider When Building a Home
1. Research your builder and get references
2. Find the right lot..location, location, location!
3. Whatever the cost to build is that you are given tack on 10-15%
4. Research your materials and vendors
5. Add 1-6 months on from the original possession you are given depending on the calibre & size of home you are building.
2002 45 Ave SW
Gorgeous two storey on a corner lot....
Beautiful 2 storey home located on a quiet tree lined street in Altadore.Corner lot on 31'x123',with $60,000 of extensive new landscaping.Custom built home,main floor flex room with double sliding french doors,gourmet kitchen, Thermador stainless appliances,soft close drawers,two toned cabinetry featuring huge stained maple island with eat-up breakfast bar,granite counter tops,built-in wine rack,gas stove and hood-fan,walk-in pantry, large nook area suitable for dining room table open to living room with custom quarter sawn oak flooring and gas mantle fireplace.Back mud room entry with built-ins for coats and shoes,fully finised basement with 3piece bath,bedroom and large rec room & custom wet-bar with wine fridge.Upstairs laundry with shelving,two generous sized kids bedrooms with 4 piece bath.Master with walkin closet and spa like bathroom,jetted tub,glass tiled steam shower,inslab heating.Sound system through-out home,solid core doors,irrigation system,solid core custom front door. Pride of ownership!
246 Panatella Gr NW
Stunning walkout backing onto lake...
This stunning Acuri built 3+1 bedroom fully finished walk-out home BACKS ONTO THE LAKE in the Panatella area. Enjoy central air, high ceilings, maple hardwood, main floor den, fabulous kitchen with ceiling height cherry cabinets, huge island, top of the line stainless steel appliances with dual ovens, gas stove cook top, granite counter tops,ample cupboards and cooking space! Upstairs you will find a large master bedroom with a 5 piece ensuite and walk-in closet, upstairs also features a library area. On the lower level you have large windows as this is a FULLY FINISHED WALK-OUT BASEMENT with in-floor heating, 9' ceilings, family room with fireplace, bedroom and a excersize room! Enjoy the views of the lake from your back deck that sits on your huge pie shapped yard perfect for summer entertaining. This home has it all and shows 10/10!
142 October Gold Way
A stunning must see walk out....
Stunning modern home from Oracle Builders with over 8300sqft.Grand entrance welcomes you into this 5 bedroom masterpiece with 5 & 1/2 baths & 5 car garage. 18 ft great room ceilings surrounded by windows and south west exposure onto side deck with stone gas fireplace. Gourmet kitchen with custom maple full height cabinetry,Wolf and Sub Zero appliances,five burner gas stove,double wall ovens.Two large islands with two double sinks,all vanities have premium granite countertops and undermount sinks.Main floor dining room with hutch built-into wall. Massive master bedroom with extra large 5-pieve ensuite,custom glass tiled shower with Kohler system,steam and jets.Air steam tub with fountain water faucet and glass tile backsplash.Fully finished walk-up basement with large media area with large wet bar.Gym room with rubber mat flooring&mirror.Custom wine room with leather flooring and wine rack built-ins,air conditioning,landscaped and full warranty,speaker system throughout entire home and security camera.WOW!
149 Mike Ralph Way SW
... love at first sight
Beautiful Colonial brick exterior home in Garrison Green. Main floor boasts maple hardwood, stainless steel appliances, fridge with water & ice feature, island with eat-up bar, large nook area over looking the second deck, main floor laundry, mud room with built-ins, gas fireplace, and custom drapery. Main floor living room with gas fireplace. Upstairs you will find a large bonus room with a 1/2 bath, master bedroom with granite countertops, his & hers sinks, corner soaker tub, separate water closet and tiled shower & walk-in closet. the other 2 bedrooms have large windows. Un-finished basement has 9' ceilings awaiting your design and personal touch. This home is fully landscaped with a side deck beside the family room and kitchen. Great community with parks walking distance and close to the Glemmore Resevoir with 16km of trails. A must see!
A few good questions to ponder... here's my two cents!
1. Why have Calgary average MLS sale prices maintained their level, and even increased, this year despite a drop in sales?
2. Where do you see prices going in the market for the rest of this year?
1. Volume in sales does not necessarily dictate value. Calgary has a very active market in the million plus homes which I believe has been a driving factor in a slightly higher average price even though sales have been lower so far this year. There have been almost 250 sales in single family homes and condos over the price of 1 million in the last six months alone. In the same six month period one year ago sales over I million were approximately 170 within Calgary. Sales were lower in the first quarter of the year versus last year’s statistics, however single family home listings are down 14 percent from what they were this time last year and overall sales were stronger this May over last May. We are beginning to see a positive change in our existing market. What that looks like for the next year or two it is hard to say but the present market seems very stable.
2. No one has a crystal ball as to where prices may be going. Normal inflation in a normal market is 3-4%/year. I would say we are inching towards some normalcy in the market so perhaps slightly below that. It would be nice to see a balanced market for once, however in order for that to happen the sales will have to more than double in numbers based on May 2011 sales. This would allow buyers and sellers to be on an equal playing field. As the stats show it is still a buyer’s market even though the market is stable.
25B Tamarac Cr SW
...located on a quiet tree lined street
Lovely three bedroom detached 2003 infill on 28x137ft lot with double detached oversized garage on a quiet street lined street! Main floor flex room currently used as den,hardwood floors throughout main, half bath, 9ft. ceilings, maple cabinets, corner walk-in pantry, stainless steel appliances, granite counterops, gas stove with custom hood fan, dining room will fit large table and has a niche area for a hutch. Large living room with gas mantle fireplace and 7 1/2 inch baseboards throughout. Back foyer with closet perfect for coming in from the garage. Sunny south backyard with mature trees for privacy. Upper floor with large master, bay window, vaulted ceilings, large walk-in closet, 5-piece ensuite with separate tiled shower with glass door, jetted tub, his and her sinks and large vanity with skylight above. Upstairs laundry with cabinetry and sink. Second 4-piece bathroom with skylight. Shows beautifully!